担保费用 - 飞出国
Find out about the requirements to sponsor a close relative
Who can sponsor a close relative? Who is considered a close relative? What conditions, responsibilities and obligations are involved? What is the duration of sponsorship? What fees and timeframes are involved? To answer these questions, review all of the requirements to sponsor a close relative. Make sure that you satisfy all of these requirements before starting a sponsorship or undertaking process.
You can sponsor a close relative if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Québec, you are at least 18 years of age and you satisfy the prerequisites.
The sponsorship targets this close relative and, if applicable, accompanying family members.
Sponsored person (close relative)
To be sponsored, your close relative must belong to the family class and satisfy specific requirements:
You can sponsor:
- your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner – specific requirements
- your dependent child – specific requirements
- your father, mother, grandfather or grandmother – specific requirements
- your orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece, grandson or granddaughter, who is under the age of 18, and not married or in a common-law relationship – specific requirements
- a child you plan to adopt (international adoption) – process for adopting a child residing abroad
Responsibilities and obligations
In undertaking the sponsorship process, both the sponsor and the sponsored person must be aware of the responsibilities and obligations they have toward each other and toward the government of Québec.
Duration of sponsorship (or undertaking)
The duration of the undertaking that you sign will vary depending on the family relationship between you (the sponsor or guarantor) and the person sponsored.
It is also important that you be informed of the fees required to review your application.
魁省担保要求(Prerequisites for sponsorship) - 飞出国
Prerequisites for sponsorship
You must satisfy all of the following requirements, in addition to any specific requirements that apply.
- You must have fulfilled all previous commitments. If the Ministère de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale (MESS) determines that you have defaulted, you must have repaid all of the amounts paid as financial assistance of last resort (social assistance) or special allowances to the person you sponsored.
- You must not receive financial assistance of last resort (social assistance) except allowances related to your age or a disability that poses obstacles to employment that are serious, permanent or of indefinite duration.
- Over the past five years, you must have complied with obligations arising from a judgment ordering you to pay alimony. If not, you must have repaid all outstanding amounts.
- You must not have been convicted, in Canada or abroad, of a sexual offence, attempt or threat to commit such an offence against anyone or an offence resulting in personal injuries, or an attempt or threat to commit such an offence against a family member or relative, your spouse, common-law spouse or conjugal partner or a member of their family or relative unless you were acquitted or rehabilitated or finished serving your sentence at least five years before submitting your application.
- If you sponsor your father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, a dependent child who has a child or a close relative who is a minor and an orphan, you must prove that you have at your disposal sufficient financial resources for the duration of the undertaking (see financial standards).
- You must not be subject to a removal order or detained in a penitentiary or prison.
- You may not sponsor a spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner who is under 16 years of age.
- You must ensure that the sponsored person, if he or she is of legal age, signs the declaration attesting that he or she fully understands the nature and scope of the undertaking.
魁省被担保亲属需满足的条件 - 飞出国
In addition to the prerequisites for sponsorship, you must also take into consideration the following specific requirements pertaining to the close relative you wish to sponsor.
Spouse, de facto spouse or conjugal partner
To sponsor this person, you must demonstrate that:
- your spouse, de facto spouse or conjugal partner is at least 16 years of age
- a previous undertaking to sponsor a spouse, de facto spouse or conjugal partner has come to an end.
If the dependent child you are sponsoring has a child of his or her own, you must demonstrate your financial capacity.
Parents, grandparents and their dependent children
To qualify as sponsor, you must demonstrate that:
- you have the financial capacity to support the person you wish to sponsor as well as all members of that person’s family, whether or not they are accompanying the sponsored person.
Brother, sister, nephew, niece, grandson, granddaughter, who is an orphan with no mother and father, under 18 years of age, and not married or a de facto spouse
To qualify as a sponsor:
- you must first establish that you have the financial capacity to support the child you wish to sponsor;
- you must then undergo a psychosocial evaluation by the Centre jeunesse in your region in order to demonstrate that you are able to support and look after the child you wish to sponsor. The Ministère requests this evaluation. It then transfers it to the Centre jeunesse once it has been demonstrated that your financial capacity satisfies regulatory requirements. A fee is charged.
Child to be adopted (international adoption)
Please read the information on the process for adopting a child residing abroad before beginning the process in the child’s country of origin.